In an effort to ensure top-quality products produced with the most modern technology, GroGlass® teams with several outstanding universities and research centers. By working with these institutions, GroGlass® contributes to the scientific body of knowledge while benefiting from rigorous scientific testing. Examples of specific collaborations include:
Institute Of Solid State Physics (Latvia)
- Structural and chemical analysis of glass substrates and thin film/AR coatings, using methods of optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and X-Ray diffraction;
- Studies of coated glass surface morphology, including wettability, using methods of optical and atomic force microscopy;
- Measurements on film thickness and reflectometry, using ellipsometer and profilometer methods Studies on micromechanical characteristics of the coated glass, including measurements of micro-hardness, nano-density and modulus of elasticity, evaluation of fragility of the film and adhesion;
- Studies on materials, surface technology and process technology for glass Cooperation in Eureka Project: “Development of a new production technology to temper vacuum coated glass”.
- Development and optimization of new technologies for vacuum coatings;
- Development of technology for the commercial production of vacuum coated glass, using method of magnetron sputtering;
- Development and construction of laboratory vacuum coating equipment;
- Production and testing of the new products.
Wageningen University And Research Centre (Netherlands)
- Research on the impact of anti-reflective glass on greenhouse microclimate and the photosynthesis process of the plants;
- Measuring of optical properties of large-size coated glass on specially designed equipment (Ulbricht Integrating Sphere);
- Equipping test greenhouses with GroGlass® AR coated glass for horticultural (crop management, physiology and modeling) and environmental durability tests;
- Investigation on energy saving features of greenhouses, glazed with GroGlass® AR, ZoWaKAs project Participation in the Eureka Project: the development of a new production technology to temper vacuum coated glass.
- Testing and certification of the coated glass products;
- Developing procedures and methods for the coated glass compliance tests.
Alfred University (USA)
- Studies on physical and chemical properties of various AR coatings and thin films.
Leibniz Universität Hannover (Germany)
- Energy saving greenhouse (double glazed GroGlass® AR units).
Omt Solutions (Netherlands)
- Developing and modeling designs for the new coated products for various applications;
- Developing procedures for optical measurements for various types of coated glass and glass substrates;
- Performing optical measurements on the specially designed equipment.
Projects With Support From Investment And Development Agency Of Latvia, The Latvian Environmental Investment Fund and Central Finance And Contracting Agency
- Ražošanas palīgprocesu energoefektivitātes nodrošināšana
- Inovāciju vaučeris
- Praktiskās ievirzes pētījumi
- Kompetences centrs VMKC – pūdera starplikas materiālu pielietojuma izpēte pārklāta stikla uzglabāšanas un transportēšanas procesos
- Kompetences centrs VMKC – FUNKCIONĀLO PLĀNO KĀRTIŅU UZNEŠANAS PROCESU IZPĒTE ĶĪMISKO UN VAKUUMA TEHNOLOĢISKO PROCESU IETVAROS 2. KĀRTA
- Kompetences centrs VMKC – FUNKCIONĀLO PLĀNO KĀRTIŅU UZNEŠANAS PROCESU UZPĒTE ĶĪMISKO UN VAKUUMA TEHNOLOĢISKO PROCESU IETVAROS 1. KĀRTA
- ATBALSTS JAUNU PRODUKTU IEVIEŠANAI RAŽOŠANĀ
- VIEDO MATERIĀLU UN TEHNOLOĢIJU KOMPETENCES CENTRS
- Energoefektīva saules paneļu stikla izstrāde
- GroGlass® dalība aktivitātē kompetences centrā
- GroGlass® piedalās aktivitātes „Jaunu produktu un tehnoloģiju ieviešana ražošanā 2. kārta” īstenošanā